Principal Consultants manage key clients and lead complex engagements to ensure successful delivery outcomes and further build relationships with our clients. The Principal Consultant will play a key role across a variety of projects that include C-suite interactions on areas such as leadership performance, coaching, organization effectiveness, team development, assessment of top talent and talent strategy.
While on-boarding, the consultant will primarily learn Summit’s business and clients, engage in team projects, and become an expert in our practices to develop the credibility and confidence to work alone with our clients. Career track will include increasingly greater ownership of client projects, managing key accounts, working directly with high-ranking executives and business development. The Principal Consultant will develop and build their own client accounts. Next career step would most likely be Partner.
Given Summit’s entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment, no two projects will be the same; however, general accountabilities include the following:
– Leadership assessment for selection placement, transition planning, and development and coaching.
– Executive coaching and leadership advisory consulting.
– Top executive team facilitation, coaching and development.
– Executive interview and focus group facilitation to advise C-suite executives on their most critical leadership challenges.
– Delivering high-stakes consulting and managing project teams to ensure exceptional outcomes.
– Organizational data analysis, synthesis & reporting to identify key themes and insights for direct recommendations on business and leader performance.
– Client presentation and delivery to Boards, CEOs, and executive teams.
– Client engagement and a client first approach to ensure deep strategic relationships with the businesses we serve.
– Business development including nurturing existing clients and developing new client opportunities.
– Advanced degree in Organization Behavior, Organization Development, MBA in Strategy/Leadership or related disciplines.
– 10+ years of applicable work experience in either external management consulting or in-house strategy, executive assessment, leadership development, or organization development in a world- class talent management company.
– Must have proven experience advising business leaders in a consulting or internal leadership development capacity.
– Prefer blend of corporate and consulting experiences.
– Global experience is a plus.
– Willingness to travel and work from home in self-directed manner.
Why Join Summit Leadership Partners
At Summit, we are 100% employee owned. Therefore, we control our future and how we operate. Summit is a high growth company that has high aspirations to continue its trajectory. We pride ourselves in accomplishing fulfilling work with freedom, fun and flexibility. Our consultants do work that matters both for growing businesses and the lives of people.
Summit has been recognized as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms in 2022 by Forbes, ranked as one of the Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in America in both 2020 and 2021, and was listed as #5 on Consulting Magazine’s 2020 Fastest Growing Companies. Summit also made the top 10 spot in Charlotte Business Journal’s 2020 Fast 50. We are published regularly in Forbes, Bloomberg, Chief Executive Magazine, Fast Company, and numerous other media outlets.
Our company values are client centricity, agility, collaboration, humility, work-life integration, and continuous development… and we live by these daily.
We are looking for consultants to join our high performing team. Consultants play a critical role in delivering quality work and making a real impact for client growth. Our consultants are self- starters who enjoy a fast pace, flexible environment, and innovating solutions for client needs. They get the benefit of working directly with our leaders as they learn and develop.
Here are a few benefits our consultants receive when they join our team:
– Training and certifications in world-class talent assessment and organization improvement tools.
– Annual external development provided and encouraged.
– Mentorship from seasoned Summit team members.
– Flexible working environment – at a client’s location, home and/or in Your call!
– Life/ Work Balance.
– Entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to contribute, innovate and have a voice towards our future.
– Competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and equity.
– Opportunity for career growth, and if desired, the ability to become a Partner.
– As you might expect from an entrepreneurial company, you will wear several hats in not only helping clients but also building our company together.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org