Assessing Top Talent to Lead Reorganization
Client: North America based global medical diagnostic company.
Services: Talent assessments.
Following numerous acquisitions of different, complementary products and technologies, this growing North American global medical diagnostic company had only loosely integrated their expanding portfolio of products and was continuing to run each business autonomously. As a result, this company was viewed as a collection of products and brands by the marketplace, with multiple and inconsistent touchpoints with the customer creating a disjointed customer experience. In contrast, competitors were viewed as offering more integrated solutions that cut across their product portfolio. The company intended to redesign their sales organization from a product-centric model to one more organized around geographical markets by consolidating approximately 30 commercial leadership roles into 8 large regional executive positions over all product lines. The company president was challenged in selecting the most capable talent to assume these critical roles.
- Reviewed business strategy, market needs, intake with CEO, CFO and CHRO to determine future organization model and scoped leadership roles required to support the redesign.
- Developed profile scorecards for key roles with focus around deliverables and accountabilities, key success factors, and context factors.
- Conducted 30 comprehensive talent assessments against role scorecards.
- Developed assessment profiles and recommendations on each candidate including an aggregate executive dashboard across the organization.
- Assisted with selection, placement and transition of top roles including debriefed all candidates on assessment outcomes and development priorities.
Once all top roles were filled with assessed and recommended candidates, the new integrated organization design could be put into place, which combined multiple disparate business units into a more integrated commercial organization with key roles by region. This realignment presented one unified face to the healthcare customer base while improving sales operations and customer support. Significant organization efficiencies were gained in addition to placing their top talent into meaningful roles. As a result, the Company is now positioned to respond more quickly to healthcare reform regulation changes and has gained market share to become the leader in the North American medical diagnostic industry.