We are looking for a Director of Finance ready for a challenge, interested in growing with the organization, and willing to think outside the box and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The Director of Finance will manage and oversee the corporation’s financial activities, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth. The candidate must have a background in professional services and can perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy. It is a critical and complex role since an organization can only survive if it actively investigates and safeguards its finances. The candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management, ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader since they will work with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
• Leads all financial planning and analysis (FP&A), including forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow management.
• Accountable for the company’s accounting operations, including producing periodic financial reports, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, and company budget.
• Oversees and reviews accounting tasks, including payroll, taxes, and compliance.
• Meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Knows and adheres to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Works with the CEO and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
• Lead efforts to improve profitability for the company and improve project margins.
• Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
• Assist with future investor requirements and relations.
• Sets and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives.
• Completes market research and comparable company analysis.
• Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports.
• Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
• The role is hybrid with an expectation of being present in the office 1-2 days a week.