Director of Finance
We are looking for a Director of Finance ready for a challenge, interested in growing with the organization, and willing to think outside the box and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The Director of Finance will manage and oversee the corporation’s financial activities, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth. The candidate must have a background in professional services and can perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy. It is a critical and complex role since an organization can only survive if it actively investigates and safeguards its finances. The candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management, ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader since they will work with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
• Leads all financial planning and analysis (FP&A), including forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow management.
• Accountable for the company’s accounting operations, including producing periodic financial reports, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, and company budget.
• Oversees and reviews accounting tasks, including payroll, taxes, and compliance.
• Meets deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Knows and adheres to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Works with the CEO and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
• Lead efforts to improve profitability for the company and improve project margins.
• Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
• Assist with future investor requirements and relations.
• Sets and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives.
• Completes market research and comparable company analysis.
• Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports.
• Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
• The role is hybrid with an expectation of being present in the office 1-2 days a week.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or another related field required
• Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), Certified Management Accountants (CMAs) and Chartered Financial Analysts (CFAs) are preferred.
• Proven experience as an executive-level finance professional with a professional services background.
• Knows how to use FP&A software and has advanced spreadsheet and presentation skills.
• Successful experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic business environment.
• Demonstrates excellent financial and quantitative skills.
• Communicates effectively and has strong presentation skills.
• Collaborates well with colleagues using adept social skills.
• Learns quickly and has strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize in an entrepreneurial culture.
• Ability to learn, expand the scope in the future, and scale as the company grows.
• Worked with Private Equity firms.
• Worked in business management consulting
Why Join Summit Leadership Partners
At Summit, we are 100% employee-owned. Therefore, we control our future and how we operate. Summit is a high-growth company that has high aspirations to continue its trajectory. We pride ourselves in accomplishing fulfilling work with freedom, fun and flexibility. Our consultants do work that matters both for growing businesses and the lives of people.
Summit has been recognized as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms in 2022 by Forbes, ranked as one of the Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in America in both 2020 and 2021, and was listed as #5 on Consulting Magazine’s 2020 Fastest Growing Companies. Summit also made the top 10 spot in Charlotte Business Journal’s 2020 Fast 50. We are published regularly in Forbes, Bloomberg, Chief Executive Magazine, Fast Company, and numerous other media outlets.
Our company values are client centricity, agility, collaboration, humility, work-life integration, and continuous development… and we live by these daily.
Here are a few benefits our team members receive when they join our team:
– Training and certifications in world-class talent assessment and organization improvement tools.
– Annual external development provided and encouraged.
– Mentorship from seasoned Summit team members.
– Flexible working environment.
– Life/ Work Balance.
– Entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to contribute, innovate and have a voice towards our future.
– Competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and equity.
– Opportunity for career growth.
– As you might expect from an entrepreneurial company, you will wear several hats in not only helping clients but also building our company together.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org